Seth is an accomplished writer, entrepreneur, and speaker who is a pioneer in the ethical online direct marketing space. He has published 20 bestselling books—mainly about marketing and innovation—that have been translated into nearly 40 languages. Through his talks about effective marketing, leadership, and more, Seth has been able to inspire people around the world. His goals are to solve interesting problems, notice things that people don’t notice, and lend a hand to others—all things that he is able to accomplish on stage. Seth’s many achievements include being in the Guerrilla Marketing Hall of Fame, the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame, and the Marketing Hall of Fame.
- Seth believes you can analyze the world and decide what to do.
- Learn about the easiest road to becoming a successful speaker. Hint: it is about the value you bring before getting on the stage.
- Giving people a story to take away from a product or experience—like a book or speaking engagement—is key to being memorable.
- Being a great speaker is about being creative and innovative.
- Learn about the most challenging speech Charles had to give and how he had to pivot on the spot.
- “I discovered as a marketer that you don’t change things because you’re tired of them. You change things because your audience gets tired of them.” – Seth Godin
- “We want things to look all pretty. We tend to the outside rather than tend to what’s on the inside of our hearts to perfect that and make those things better.” – Charles Clark
- “Authenticity creates connectivity.” – Charles Clark
- “Do not beat yourself up about the disconnect between what the market is rewarding and the quality of what you’re saying.” – Seth Godin
Episode Resources & Links
Facebook + Instagram: @sethgodin | Twitter: @thisissethsblog
Instagram + Facebook: @thecharlesclark
To get access to all our episodes, visit our podcast page! Enroll in our Journey to Paid Speaking Gigs Program to find your voice and learn how to create your own speaking business.