- We are all going to face limitations or challenges at some point in our lives. As an emerging speaker, these moments of resilience and growth can serve as very powerful stories.
- Just simply showing people they are not alone can send a very strong message.
- Learn about how David has found success in his speaking niche.
- Knowing your audience and adapting your speeches accordingly are incredibly important skills.
- Striking a balance between staying on-script and off-script can be difficult but very useful.
- Learn about which speaker’s brain David would like to pick.
- “I think it is a universal truth that we’re all going to face challenges and difficult circumstances…limitations are always going to come up. Those limitations could be placed on us by others, and sometimes these limitations are going to be placed on ourselves…Those limitations don’t have to peel away our humanity in any way.” – David Harrell
- “By us sharing our experiences, it lets the world know, let the people in your community know that they’re not alone.” – Charles Clark
- “[Transcending] from that place of…head knowledge to heart knowledge [allows us] to create some synergy in the room.” – Charles Clark
Episode Resources & Links
Instagram: davidharrell3 | Twitter: @david_harrell
Instagram + Facebook: @thecharlesclark