Oliver North is a national keynote speaker who talks about equity, entrepreneurship, success, and much more. He has an unconventional way of speaking that lets his audience connect and relate to him in a way that other speakers cannot. Oliver came from a background of homelessness, foster care, and drug use but that did not stop him from going on to be the first in his family to graduate college. After graduation, Oliver found himself in corporate America but saw that that wasn’t going to be fulfilling for him. He had a desire to change his own life and those of others. His goal is to show people that they are not stuck and that corporate America is not the American dream that they are sold. He wants people to take ownership of their lives and dreams.
- If you ever feel stuck in a pattern, you aren’t really stuck. It is never too late to take charge of your life and to make a change.
- People are reluctant to speak because they feel that they do not know enough or have not experienced enough, but everybody’s story has value.
- Your customer speaks a certain language. In your marketing and in your advertising you have to speak their language.
- To stand out, study the business and figure out what their core values and challenges are and let them know how you would fix them.
- “[Life] is made up of learning from the adversity that I have experienced.” – Oliver North
- “Diversity looks different.” – Oliver North
- “When I say ownership, people think I mean business. But it’s life, leadership, education, and business.” – Oliver North
Episode Resources & Links
To get access to all our episodes, visit our podcast page! Enroll in our Journey to Paid Speaking Gigs Program to find your voice and learn how to create your own speaking business.