- Many people often yearn for rapid growth and change. However, you should not underestimate the power of consistency, incremental improvement, and small wins. These elements have all played big parts in Minda’s journey and has lead her into her various endeavors today.
- You don’t have to be a jack of all trades when it comes to speaking; just because you can talk about something, doesn’t mean you have to or should. Instead, hone in on a couple topics and master them.
- It’s important to invest in the continual improvement of yourself and your skills, regardless of which point in your career you are at.
- You have to be ready for unpredictable situations as a speaker. Know when to break script and lean into specific emotions you are feeling.
- Learn about the importance of uplifting voices of marginalized people.
- Learn about Minda’s speaking goals for 2022.
- “I used to think that I didn’t have a voice. Then I realized we all have a voice. We just have to decide how we use it.” – Minda Harts
- “The stories that we tell ourselves about ourselves are just as important as the stories that anybody else might tell about us.” – Minda Harts
- “You have to speak up for yourself before you can speak up on a stage.” – Charles Clark
- “When you can describe what you do as a process, that’s when you have a business.” – Charles Clark
- “I have the power to be the medicine that someone else might need.” – Minda Harts
Episode Resources & Links
Twitter + Facebook: @MindaHarts | Instagram: @mindaharts
Pre-order You Are More Than Magic: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/670292/you-are-more-than-magic-by-minda-harts/
Instagram + Facebook: @thecharlesclark
To get access to all our episodes, visit our podcast page! Enroll in our Journey to Paid Speaking Gigs Program to find your voice and learn how to create your own speaking business.